20 Reasons You Should Home School in Nairobi
The joy of a parent is to see and be part of the progress of their children in all spheres of their lives. In other words, as a parent, you want to see your child grow stronger, healthier and perform better academically. Often, parents want to be part of all these stages in the lives of their children. However, tracking your child’s progress can be very difficult if you are working a full-time job and your child studies at school.
Let’s look at a scenario. John and his family live in the leafy suburbs of Karen. He has two sons and a daughter. The two sons go to a school on the other side of Karen. John leaves for work at 6:00 am because he has to beat the traffic and get to the office before 8:00 am. On the other hand, his sons have to catch the bus at 5:30 am because the bus starts picking children from that side of Karen and they have to be in school by 7:30 am latest. So John and his sons rarely bond. In the evening, John gets to the house at around 9:00 pm and the kids are either asleep or playing games in their room. An urgent solution is needed.
Have you ever found yourself missing out on most of the milestones in your children’s lives? Soon you may find out that you don’t know your child anymore. You can’t remember their birthday, you don’t know the name of their best friend, you don’t know their favorite color, and you don’t know if someone is bullying them at school. Other than this, you might even lose track of their school performance because you have passed on all of your parental responsibility to the teacher.
A homeschool program or homeschooling could be the solution to this problem. Homeschooling not only avails much time for you to spend with you but also allows you to monitor all that your child is learning. Ideally, you go back to that original position of being the best parent that you always wanted to be.
But what is homeschooling and what are the advantages of homeschooling?
What is homeschooling?
There is no better way to define homeschooling than to look into its name. It refers to educating children inside their home. Homeschooling can be conducted by the parent or a tutor. When parents choose to do the homeschooling, they settle on less formal ways of education. This means that kids can attend classes in their pajamas, they can have hot chocolate during math time, and the parent can prepare the kids exam or purchase from a recognized educational facility.
However, I would recommend, that homeschooling is done by a professional tutor. This will be beneficial to you in the end, because the trained professional understands the curriculum and knows how to deliver content to children of all ages. Joy Home School Nairobi, provides the best trained and registered teachers for your children all the way from kindergarten, elementary, primary, and high school. Yes, that’s right we have high school homeschooling.
Also, note that we will register your child for all the national and international exams that are required.
Advantages of Home Schooling
There are a million reasons for homeschooling. Obviously as you look at the advantages you are also evaluating whether homeschooling will work for you and your child or your program. Here are some of the benefits:
1. You can regulate the content of the lessons taught to your kids and when they should learn it. This means that your kid may be taught faster or slower depending on their pace of learning.
2. Learning becomes an exciting adventure for the kids and not a boring ritual.
3. You get to build a super intimate relationship with your children because you have more time together.
4. No need to worry about your child being bullied or mistreated.
5. The child is able to get unlimited attention in the subjects they struggle in.
6. It is easy to transfer your belief system and values without fear of contamination.
7. Homeschooling also protects the kids from negative influence and peer pressure.
8. Your child has a one-on-one interaction with the teacher.
9. You can talk about big issues (such as sex) with your child when you think they are ready.
10. It is easy to give quality education to your child.
11. Share with your kids, the daily joys of a parent and child.
12. Take vacations any time and turn them it into an educational experience.
13. You can easily tell when your child is going through difficult times and help them through!
14. Homeschooling is perfect for you if you are a public figure and you don’t want to expose your children to the public limelight.
15. Home School is also perfect if your child has some type of special need such as autism.
16. Discover and nurture your child’s talent as soon as you note them.
17. Learning is tailored towards the personality and learning capacity of the learner.
18. Your child has all the access to the teaching and learning materials.
19. Create and work your schedule according to the homeschool program you personally prepare.
20. Joy Home School Nairobi actually brings so much joy to the learning process. So your child is always happy.
Indeed, there are a million reasons you should consider homeschooling in Nairobi. Our client areas include Karen, Kilimani, Killeleshwa, Lavington, Westlands, Runda, Kitusuru, Kabete, Kikuyu, Ongata Rongai, Mwiki, Syokimau, Athi River, Thika, Gigiri, Imara Daima, Windsor, Nairobi West, and most parts of Nairobi.
Joy Home School Nairobi covers the following subjects with professional teachers: Kindergarten, Primary, and high school. In other words, IGCSE Cambridge, IB, and KCSE. Further, we have homeschooled for the Kenyan System, British System, and the American System.
Click Here to contact Joy Home School Nairobi.
- Home Schooling in Nairobi
- Home school in Nairobi
- Karen Home Schooling.
- Muthaiga Home Schooling.
- Runda Home Schooling.
- Home Schooling in Kenya.
- British Curriculum Home School in Nairobi.
- American System Home School in Nairobi.
- Nairobi Homeschooling